The focus of the Gary Kirsten Foundation (GKF) is on the creation of sporting ecosystems and healthy alternatives for township communities by providing quality infrastructure that is safe and accessible to people in the townships.
The GKF seeks to appoint a GKF business development and donor relations manager.
The suitable candidate should be able to engage support from both public and private sector towards the achievement of the GKF strategic objectives and purpose.
- Respond to requests for proposals and develop proposals for unsolicited funding
- Manage social media and marketing functions relating to the GKF
- Develop and manage corporate partner relationships.
- Conceptualise and coordinate activities related to obtaining funding, media exposure and GKF activations.
- Maintain a database of corporate and private funders – locally and internationally.
- Identify, develop and manage stakeholder relationships and funding opportunities.
- Work with communications team to develop key communications material.
- Develop annual and long term strategic plans for corporate and government funding.
- Set annual income generation targets and plans for achievement.
- Develop systems to track, monitor and manage incoming funds.
- Develop systems to track MOU’s and agreements with funders.
- Experience in business development and/or donor relations
- NGO sector fundraising & International fundraising and knowledge of Government funding
- Knowledge of CSI sector and project evaluation processes.
- Demonstrated ability in proposal and donor report writing.
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant commitments from corporations, foundations.
- Knowledge of developing and managing fundraising programmes
- Strong understanding of SA CSI, BBBEE and legislative environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the corporate sector Enterprise Development and Socio Economic spends
- Organisational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals are essential
- Team leadership skills and strong communication skills
- Demonstrated record of success in building corporate partnerships and generating significant commitments from the private sector
To apply, submit your summarised CV (no certificates) to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position in the subject line.
The Gary Kirsten Foundation reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback on your application within four weeks from the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Gary Kirsten Foundation, refer to www.garykirstenfoundation.org.za
Location: Cape Town, South Africa